As stated in the Course Expectations (Welcome Letter) received the first day of class:
"The purpose of homework is to build sound study habits, reinforce skills and core concepts, and practice independent study and research outside the classroom learning environment. Students are expected to write the homework assignment in their calendar each day. Homework is designed to prepare the student for the next class session; therefore, you are to be prepared and take responsibility for your learning."
Important Points to Remember:
- Students are expected to write the homework assignment in their calendar each day.
- Homework is explained thoroughly in class. It is the student's responsibility to speak up if s/he does not understand what is expected.
- Homework is rarely due the following day. Students are given a few days to complete an assignment in order to balance work load with other classes, seek additional help from the teacher, and/or pace one's learning. It is wise not to wait until the night before to complete an assignment in its entirety.
- Students can expect homework (either new or review of the daily lesson) on Monday through Thursday of the school week. Homework is not assigned over the weekend.
- If students have any questions about their homework, they are welcome to email Mrs. Cornils at email@example.com.